Scope of application
01. This Auditing Standard specifies and guides the responsibilities of the auditor and the firm (hereinafter referred to as "the auditor") in relation to the work of the internal auditor when the auditor determines. The intention, pursuant to paragraph 23 of the Vietnamese Standard on Auditing 315, is an internal audit that may relate to the audit (See paragraphs A1 - A2 for guidance in this Standard).
02. This Standard does not apply to internal auditors mobilized to participate in independent audits.
Relationship between internal audit and independent audit
03. The objective of the internal audit is decided by the Board of Directors and management of the audited unit. Although the objectives of the internal audit and those of the independent audit are different, in some cases, to achieve those goals, internal audit and independent audit may apply some Similar methods and procedures (See paragraph A3 for guidance on this Standard).
04. Regardless of the degree of autonomy and objectivity, the internal audit cannot be completely independent from the audited entity as required by the independent auditor when giving opinions on the financial statements. main. The auditor's and the firm's sole responsibility for the opinion of the auditor is not mitigated when the auditor and the firm use the work of the internal auditor.
05. The auditor and the firm shall comply with this International Standard's requirements and instructions when using the work of the internal auditor in performing the audit and providing related services.
The entity (the customer) and the parties using the results of the audit shall have the necessary understanding of the requirements and instructions of this International Standard for the coordination of work and related relationships. to the independent auditor's use of the work of the internal auditor when performing audits and providing related services.
06. When the audited entity has an internal audit and the independent auditor determines that the internal audit may be relevant to the audit, the objectives of the auditor and the firm are:
(a) Determining the need for, and extent of, the use of specific tasks for the internal auditor;
(b) Determine the adequacy of the internal auditor's specific job for the purpose of the audit.