01. This Standard specifies and guides the responsibilities of auditors and auditing firms (hereinafter referred to as "auditors") when Performance of security service contracts in addition to auditing services and reviewing past financial information (hereinafter referred to as "Guarantee Service Contract") has been specified and guided in the Vietnamese Auditing Standards (VSA) and Vietnamese Standards on Review Service Contracts (VSRE) (See paragraphs A21 - A22 for guidance in this Standard).
02. Security service contract includes "Service contract guarantee authentication", In which a party other than the auditor and the firm performs the measurement or evaluation of the assurance subject based on the criteria, and"direct guarantee service contract”, In which the auditor and the firm directly measure or evaluate the guaranteed service object based on the criteria. This Standard contains regulations, guidelines for application and detailed annexes forService contract guarantees reasonable authentication"And"limited service contract guarantee authentication". This Standard may also be applied to “direct reasonable service contract guarantee"And"Limited direct guarantee service contracts”, Adjusted and supplemented according to the specific circumstances of the service contract.
03. This standard is built on the premise or:
(a) Contract performance team members or engagement quality control reviewers (for contracts with engagement quality control reviewers) must comply with the the provisions of Part A and Part B of the Code of ethics of the profession of accounting or auditing relating to assurance contracts, or other professional requirements, or requirements of law and regulations Relevant that is at least equivalent to professional ethical standards of accounting and auditing (See paragraphs A30 - A34 for guidance in this Standard);
(b) The engagement auditor is to ensure compliance with a member of an enterprise Quality control standard No. 1 - Quality control of the firm performing audits, review of financial statements, assurance services and other related services (Quality Control Standard 1), or other professional requirements, or Legal and regulatory requirements relating to the firm's liability for a quality control system that are at least equivalent to Quality Control Standard 1 (See paragraphs A61 - A66 for guidance in this Standard).
04. Quality control of a service contract firm and compliance with ethical principles, including the requirement of independence, is widely recognized for the benefit of the public and part of high-quality service. Practicing auditors are often familiar with these requirements in real operations. If a qualified practitioner is not a practicing auditor who applies this Standard or other Vietnamese engagement assurance standards, it is imperative that this Standard encompass requirements are specified to reflect the premises mentioned in question paragraph 03 This standard.
Scope of application
05. This Standard apply for these Assurance Services Contracts in addition to auditing and reviewing historical financial information has been specified and guided in the Vietnamese Framework for Guaranteed Service Contracts. If a Vietnamese standard on other secured service contracts is applicable to a particular relevant subject of security services, the Vietnamese Standard on such security service contract must be applied in addition to that standard. this ink (See paragraphs A21 - A22 for guidance in this Standard).
06. Not all service contracts performed by auditors and auditing firms are guaranteed service contracts. Certain service contracts that are normally performed but are inconsistent with the definition in paragraph 12 (a) of this Standard will not be a guarantee service contract (and do not apply Vietnamese Standards on translation contracts. This guarantee) includes:
(a) Service contracts comply with Vietnamese Standards on Related Services (VSRS) such as: Standard No. 4400 - A contract to perform pre-agreed procedures for financial information, Standard No. 4410 - Financial information synthesis service;
(b) Tax return preparation service without drawing conclusions about the warrant;
(c) Consulting services, such as administrative consulting or tax advisory services (See paragraph A1 for guidance on this Standard).
07. A secured service contract performed in accordance with Vietnamese Standards on Secured Service Contract may be part of a larger service contract. In that case, Vietnamese standards on guarantee service contracts apply only to the secured service component.
08. The following engagement may conform to the definition in paragraph 12 (a) of this Standard but are not considered to be a secured service contract in accordance with Vietnamese Standards on Guarantee Service Contracts:
(a) Legal services contracts relating to accounting, auditing, taxation or other matters;
(b) Contracts of service which express an opinion, opinion or use professional wording from which the user can obtain a certain degree of assurance, if all elements are satisfied. the following factor:
(i) Such opinions, views or words are just random in the overall service contract;
(ii) Any published written report is restricted to use only to the specific subjects stated in the report;
(iii) A written agreement with a specific service user specifying that such service is not considered a secured service;
(iv) An engagement is not represented as a guarantee engagement in the auditor's report.
Responsibilities of auditors, auditing firms and audited entities
09. The auditor and the firm are required to comply with this International Standard's requirements and guidelines in agreeing to and performing engagement services other than audit services and to review historical financial information. .
Securing service users (customers) and users of assurance service reports must have the necessary understanding of the requirements and regulations of this Standard in order to coordinate work and handle The relationship involves the engagement process and performance of an assurance engagement outside of the audit service, reviewing historical financial information, and the correct use of the results.
10. When performing guarantee service contracts, the objectives of auditors and auditing firms are:
(a) For reasonable warranties and limited warranties, to the extent appropriate, as to whether there is material error in the subject matter of the warranted service;
(b) Draw a conclusion on the results of the written measurement or assessment of the guaranteed service object, which gives reasonable or limited assurance and the basis for the conclusion ( see paragraph A2 for guidance on this Standard);
(c) Further communications required by this Standard and in accordance with the requirements of Vietnamese Standards on Other Related Guarantee Services
11. In all cases, when reasonable or limited warranties are not obtained (to the extent applicable) and the exception conclusion on the auditor's guarantee services report is insufficient for the item. For the purpose of reporting information to the intended user of the assurance service report, this Standard requires the auditor to refuse to conclude or withdraw from an engagement in accordance with relevant law or regulation.
Full text view Standard No. 3000