Scope of application
- This Auditing Standard specifies and guides the auditor's responsibility , and auditing firms (hereinafter referred to as "auditors") in agreeing the terms of the engagement with the Board of Directors and those charged with those charged with governance (to the extent applicable). This Standard also prescribes and guides the prerequisites of an audit, responsibility of auditors and auditing firms, and the responsibilities of the Board of Directors and those of governance of the entity being audited related to the audit contract. Auditing Standards Vietnam No. 220 also regulates and guides matters related to the responsibility of the auditor and the audit firm with respect to audit engagement is within the auditor's control and corporate auditing (See paragraph A1 for guidance on this Standard).
- The practitioner and the firm shall comply with the requirements and guidelines set forth in this Standard in negotiating and performing the audit engagement.
The audited entity (customer) shall have certain understanding of the requirements and guidelines of this International Standard for the coordination of work and the handling of relationships related to the agreement and compliance process. co-audit.
- Auditor's goal and corporate auditing Accept or resume the performance of the engagement only when the basis for the engagement has been agreed, through:
- (a) Establishing the premises of an audit;
- (b) Acknowledging that the auditor, auditing firms Management and those charged with governance of the entity (to the extent applicable) have agreed on the terms of the audit engagement.
See full text Auditing Standard No. 210