Guide to choosing a name for your business
- 1) Think about your name idea
- 2) List your ideas
- 3) Survey internally and get some feedback
- 4) Check "Is it possible to register this name"
- Instructions to check if the name you choose can be registered or not
Your brand is an important part of the value of your business, so take the time you deserve.
Here's a compelling and exciting four-step business naming process for you that Expertis has drawn up and gathered after many years as a business consultant.
1) Think about your name idea #
Start by thinking of words that might match the name of your business.
Your goal here is to make a list of words or names that come to mind when thinking about your business.
Tips: You should change back and forth from the perspective of your customers, product or service consumers and your perspective when coming up with business names to include in your choice list.
2) List your ideas #
After you have developed a list of possible names, analyze your ideas.
Remove any names that are hard to remember, difficult to spell, or say aloud, or too heavy.
Keep names that are Brandable, sound great, are easy to remember, and convey your brand values, products or services to your target audience.
Here is a Business Name Checker Form Template that you can implement your ideas to help shorten your list of names:
Factors should be checked
Name, for example: DORA for baking enterprise
Is the name simple and easy to remember?
Is the name easy to read and say?
Is the name different from the competition?
Does the name relate to the customer what means (Brand Spirit / National Soul) to them?
Does the name convey a brand equity related to the product / service?
High (Doreamon / Japanese Quality)
Does the name avoid words that use exaggeration or cliché or touch sensitive matter?
If you work with a foreigner / foreign business: Is the name readable by foreigners?
If you work with a foreigner / foreign business: Are Vietnamese and English reading names the same? The Tiki example satisfies this criterion.
As the table above, if the name DORA is for the construction industry, there will be a completely different rating.
3) Survey internally and get some feedback #
Now, you will have a list of 3-6 interesting and interesting business names and you can start asking potential customers or people in the industry for feedback (your target audience). friend).
Avoid feedback from family and friends, more likely to compliment all of your ideas and they aren't your customers.
For the survey to work, be sure to ask questions like:
What was the first thing that came to your mind when you first heard the name?
+ How would you spell it?
+ And some questions taken from the name checklist in step 2.
4) Check “Is it possible to own this name” #
At this point, you have 2-3 interesting and attractive business names on your list. And you need to look for the possibility of registration in 2 respects:
The first is to check whether there is a coincidence with an existing business or not. The inspection follows the inspection procedure below.
Second, if you choose the business name as the brand name of the product / service, you need to check the possibility of registering with the National Office of Intellectual Property of the trademark. See more at Intellectual Property Department
Regulations of the Law on Enterprises on naming enterprises #
1. The Vietnamese name of an enterprise includes two elements in the following order:
a) Type of enterprise. The name of the business type is written as "limited liability company" or "limited company" for limited liability company; written as "joint stock company" or "joint stock company" in respect of a joint stock company; written as "partnership" or "HD corporation" in respect of a partnership; written as "private enterprise", "private enterprise" or "private enterprise" for private enterprises;
b) Proper name. The proper name is written in letters in the Vietnamese alphabet, the letters F, J, Z, W, numbers and symbols.
2. The name of an enterprise must be affixed with the head office, branches, representative offices and business locations of the enterprise. Business name must be printed or written on transaction papers, documents and publications issued by the enterprise.
3. Based on the provisions of this Article and Articles 39, 40 and 42 of this Law, the business registration agency has the right to refuse to approve the proposed name of the enterprise.
(Provisions in Article 38 of the Law on Enterprises)
How to choose a business name to avoid duplicating or confusing #
What is the same name and the name causing confusion?
Duplicate name means the Vietnamese name of the enterprise applying for registration which is written exactly the same as the Vietnamese name of a registered enterprise.
The following cases are considered the names causing confusion with the name of a registered enterprise:
1. The Vietnamese name of the enterprise applying for registration is read like a registered business name;
2. The abbreviated name of the enterprise applying for registration coincides with the abbreviated name of a registered enterprise;
3. The name in a foreign language of the enterprise applying for registration is identical to the name in a foreign language of a registered enterprise;
4. The proper name of the enterprise applying for registration differs from that of a registered enterprise of the same type only by a natural number, ordinal number or letters in the Vietnamese alphabet and the letters F, J , Z, W immediately after the name of the enterprise;
5. The proper name of the enterprise applying for registration differs from that of a registered enterprise of the same type only by the symbols "&", ".", "+", "-", "_";
6. The proper name of the enterprise applying for registration differs from that of a registered enterprise of the same type only by the word "neo" right before or "new" right after or before the proper name of a registered enterprise;
7. The proper name of the enterprise applying for registration differs from that of a registered enterprise of the same type only by the words "North", "South", "Central", "West", "East" or words with similar meaning.
How to check the selected company name is the same or not
Step 1: Go to the homepage of the National Business Registration Portal at: https://dangkykinhdoanh.gov.vn
Step 2: Enter the proper name of the company in the box Search for a business.
If no company name appears, the expected name will not be duplicated.
This way is very simple and anyone can do it, you can compare with the names of all registered businesses in all types.